The ESC of the Western Reserve's Integrated Student Support and Prevention Department offers the following services and programs to districts. To make a request please contact Karen Lackey at [email protected]
- Integrated Student Supports Program (Formerly Teen Pregnancy Prevention)
Program names by Grade Level
5th Grade- Changes as We Grow, the Early Years
6th Grade- Changes as We Grow
7th Grade- The Best Choice
8th Grade- Ready for the Pressure
9th Grade- Tell It Like It Is
10th Grade- Relationships-Risk and Reward
- Youth Led Prevention- Our Youth Led Prevention Program is exactly as it sounds. Youth telling adults what issues they face, and advocating for their ideas on how to fix them. The adult leader or allies' role is to help guide the process of identifying the problem, determining capacity to change the problem, developing solutions, implementing ideas, and even evaluating the impact of their solutions.
- Digital World- Our Digital World program helps children grow to become happy, healthy and successful adults is complicated by the fast paced growth of technology, including the growing use of social media. ESC of the Western Reserve, with the support of Geauga Job and Family Services has identified a need to address the developmental, social and emotional impact of the digital world on youth, their relationships, and their future.
- School Community Forum- The School Community Forum creates an understanding and awareness of
both school and community agency services that support the non-academic
needs of students.
- Sources of Strength Suicide Prevention- Helping children grow to become happy, healthy and successful adults is
complicated by the fast paced growth of technology, including the growing use of social media.
- Connect CLE: Collaborative Learning Environment- The ESC of the Western Reserve was invited by Prevention Action Alliance to oversee the Northeast Ohio Regional Learning Collaborative of the Ohio Youth Led Prevention Network. The goal of YLP in Ohio is Youth Empowerment “ the ability of youth to influence the social and political systems that affect their lives. The goal of the Northeast Ohio RLC is the expansion of quality/evidence based Youth Led Prevention Programs across all 16 counties in Northeast Ohio and to collaborate on common regional problems using the Youth Led Model.
- Peer Mentoring- The Geauga Youth Advisory Council (YAC) leaders came together to start a peer mentoring program in 2015-2016, when they realized that middle school students in their district lacked positive older role models. High School mentors participate in an interactive, hands-on Mentoring Training, where they learn what being a peer mentor is all about. Mentors learn about relationship styles and the type of leader they are and train on how to develop a peer mentoring relationship with their mentees, communication and active listening skills, how to handle sensitive topics, and activities they can use as mentors!
NOTE: The site is partially under construction.