Thank you for your interest in substituting with the ESC of the Western Reserve! We maintain a licensed Substitute list for five districts in Geauga County and four districts in Lake County. We partner with Renhill Group to provide substitutes for our special education programs. Per state law to be a substitute teacher you must hold at least a bachelor's (4-year) degree, to be a substitute educational aide you must hold a high school diploma.
School Districts That We Serve:
- Berkshire Local Schools: Burton
- Cardinal Local Schools- Middlefield
- Chardon Local Schools- Chardon
- Crestwood Local Schools- Mantua
- Fairport Exempted Village- Fairport Harbor
- Kenston Local Schools- Chagrin Falls
- Madison Local Schools- Madison
- Painesville City Local Schools -Painesville
- Perry Local Schools- Perry
- West Geauga Local Schools -Chesterland
The ESC of the Western Reserve is proud to partner with the Renhill Group to provide Substitute Classified Aides and Certified Teachers for our ESC of the Western Reserve Programs.
Substitute Opportunities for ESC of the Western Reserve Special Education Programs:
- Broadmoor- Mentor
- CORE- Classroom located at Auburn Career Center
- Gaitway High School- High School located at Fieldstone Farms, Chagrin Falls
- Job Training- Locations within multiple districts; Berkshire, Cardinal, Chardon, Kenston & West Geauga
- Preschool/Early Childhood- Classroom locations within multiple districts; Berkshire, Cardinal, Fairport, and West Geauga
- SAIL - Classrooms located in Painesville Township
- STARS/ACHIEVE- Classroom located at West Geauga High School
For additional information about our programs click here.
Note: Once you have completed the process with the Educational Service Centers you will be contacted by the school districts that you have chosen and/or the Renhill Group to begin work. You will not be able to start subbing until all of the requirements have been met with the Educational Service Center of the Western Reserve.
After April 15th of each year, ALL applications received for substitute opportunities will be considered for the next school year. Click on the link below to begin the application process.
If you are a New Prospective Substitute Applicant, apply here.
If you are a Returning Substitute, complete the Returning Substitute Application here.